Q. I am sleeping a lot and nothing excites me in life. Kindly help me with the treatment.

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am 26 years old. I have noticed that I have been sleeping a lot more than usual for the past few days, and I feel very low. Nothing around me feels good, and my hands and legs are numb if I do not move them for a prolonged period.

Please help me with the right advice.

#

The symptoms you stated take us to three possible differential diagnoses.

1. Get TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), T3, andT4 levels tested. If any abnormality is found, treatment will be started with one tablet once a day, and your symptoms will resolve in a week.

2. Drug-induced. Ensure that you are not taking any drugs which cause excess sedation and mood swings. Regarding this, I will need to have your drug history.

3. Depressive disorder. You will need a detailed psychometric evaluation, and treatment can be started.

Whatever it is, it is easily treatable.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|