Q. I find something strange with my dreams. Please help.

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 03, 2019

Today, I felt something strange which I cannot understand. Normally, I sleep in the late morning. But, today while I was sleeping, suddenly I came out of my dream. But, I found that I am still dreaming. I was at a place that is not where I was supposed to be that time. I was not in my bed. I was into another space and time. After that, suddenly my dream got disturbed and I found that I am not awake yet. That was into another dream because still my surroundings were unfamiliar to me. I never knew or experienced such kind of things before. I checked on internet and found dreaming into a dream called false dream. But, is it possible that you dream in multiple states in your dream? I mean, you sleep and dream then you find out you were into another dream. Now, I am really feeling confused. Is it possible that I am still dreaming? What should I do? What is the thing that I experienced? Please help me.

#

• According to your question regarding dreams, yes, it is possible to have dreams within a dream and it is fairly normal.
  • People when fall asleep especially into deep sleep they do have such dreams, in which they feel like that they are awake and experiencing everything in real.
  • However, later on when they awake, they remain confused for a while about their dream and reality. In other words, conscious or unconscious world.

Therefore, following are the suggestions which may help:

1. Going into deep sleep is helpful for a person as it is referred to as quality sleep. Or the alternative that is due to poor sleep and excessive mental work, a person's mind remains conscious during sleep.
  2. It is not any disorder, but a normal state of mind that is confused between consciousness and unconsciousness especially after awaken.
  3. Note down your dreams if you have the same frequently.
  4. Try to sleep between 10 PM and 6 AM, as it is the best time for sleep.
  5. Maintain your diet habits. Have your meal at least two hours before bedtime.

Lack of sleep, dietary habits and workload.

1. Dream analysis.
2. Sleep assessment.
3. Work-life balance.

1. Anxiety.
2. Lack of sleep.

Anxiousness, lack of sleep and over-thinking.

1. Awareness and counseling.
2. Sleep hygiene.

Sleep earlier.

Revert back after the investigations to a psychologist counsellor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|