Q. Why am I feeling drowsy post lunch?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 22, 2021

My college is in a location that is away from my home. I have joined a mess for having food. There excess soda is used in rotis for profit purpose. Due to which, after having lunch I feel drowsy and is compelled to sleep in half an hour from then. And that is the only reason, my study is pending much more and I have a great desire to overcome it. Please give me some advice. Otherwise, my dream would get diminished soon.

#

• As you mentioned that your problem is due to the food you have been taking from your mess, you can simply overcome your problem by avoiding that particular mess's food and you can take food from another place.
  • In case it is difficult for you to avoid that mess and no option is available, then you can opt for other options.
  • First of all, decrease a little amount of your lunch as if you used to take three rotis take two instead of three. Because, more you feel full more you would love to have a nap. You can later on take fruits or milk after two or three hours. Initially you will find it difficult, but soon you will get habituated to it.
  • Second thing, if you start feeling sleepy, then indulge yourself in other interesting activities, so that your mind will divert from sleep.
  • You can take herbal tea after half an hour or one hour of your lunch. It will help to boost your mind. Try these things and you will soon find a solution for your problem.
  • The most important thing is that sleep adequately at night, at least for 6 to 8 hours. If you are not taking adequate sleep at night, your body will automatically feel sleepy and tired during daytime because your body and mind cannot work for 24 hours.

Inadequate sleep or improper diet or hectic schedule.

Revert back after four weeks to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|