Increased Thirst

Kindly comment on my father's sugar value.

Query: Hi doctor, Four months ago, my father's fasting blood sugar level was 110 mg/dL and postprandial was 136 mg/dL. Before that he had sugar levels in the normal range according to regular checkups done. However, there is a spike in his blood sugar level and the detected levels were fasting 214 mg/dl an...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fasting blood sugar should be less than 126 mg/dL and postprandial should be less than 140 mg/dL after 2 hours. Since your father has fasting blood glucose level of 214 mg/dL and postprandial levels of 301 mg/dL along with classical features of increased thirst, increas...  Read Full »

Will HIIT exercise cause increased urinary frequeny and thirst?

Query: Hello doctor, The frequency of urination and thirst has increased from the last two to three days all of a sudden. Sometimes it is two to three times even in an hour. I am a 29-year-old male. I regularly do HIIT exercises two times a day.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described the complaints, you seemed convinced that it is due to HIIT (high-intensity interval training) only. But there could be many more factors associated with it. To know the cause and prescribing further treatment I need to evaluate your case better. Ho...  Read Full »

Do symptoms like frequent urination and increased thirst rightly confirm diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having frequent urination and feeling extremely thirsty, especially during the night after dinner and before bed. While I am sleeping, I get up just once to urinate, sometimes not at all. Do you think I have diabetes? I got my blood sugar checked, and it came out as perfectly norma...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your history you have been suffering from frequent urination and feeling extremely thirsty especially during night after dinner and before bed. You have a family history of DM and you have a history of acid reflux and asth...  Read Full »

What do the symptoms like heartburn, increased thirst and pain in upper stomach suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I had pain and irritation and also heartburn while eating (spicy foods I guess) for the past three days. Today morning, I had severe hunger and more thirsty feel. After I drink plenty of water now I am feeling fine. But still while eating I am feeling some pain on the upper stomach or...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms which you have described are suggestive of too many problems related to the gastrointestinal system. To come to any specific diagnosis, I will need a few more details. Do you have these symptoms only while eating? Is it relieved after eating? What is your ...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

I am less energetic, thirsty and nauseous feel. Is it due to the side effect of the medicine I had for Strep throat??

Query: Hello doctor, I feel less energetic, very thirsty, and my back has been giving me issues. Also from time to time, I had been feeling nauseous. Three weeks ago I had a strep throat so I was given antibiotics and afterward I got a yeast infection, so I am confused if the side effects from the medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not to worry about your medication. Your doctor prescribed it after evaluating you. So may be less chance of side effects that causes yeast infection. It will depend on your hygiene, how you maintain it. And as you mentioned that you are feeling less energetic,...  Read Full »

I feel excessive thirst and have some weird taste of the water as if my mouth is salty. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,Since yesterday, I had excessive thirst. I am drinking a lot of water and still feel it. The same happened today, I drank over 500 ml and again feel thirsty. When I drink, I think some weird taste of the water as if my mouth is salty. I have anxiety (panic disorder), so this made me sli...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition called polydipsia, felling excessive thirsty. Tongue taste is due to dehydration. What about urination, passing more? Usually, this is a symptom of diabetes, are you are in a hot and humid place? For anxiety and panic disorder are you on any medication...  Read Full »

I have frequent urination, thirst, and numbness in feet and hands. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old, my height is 166 cm and my weight is 54 kg. I am a female. I have been feeling symptoms of diabetes like thirst, urination more than usual, extreme hunger, numbness in feet and hands, tingling in my back, hands trembling, blurry vision, my wounds are taking so long to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shazli Naseer

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are very young and have full symptoms, which is typical of type 1 diabetes where the body is insulin dependent and pills do not work. Your doctor should check for particular laboratory tests for that including C-peptide and insulin levels in your system. If your condi...  Read Full »

Why is a child having increased thirst and urination?

Query: Hello doctor, My son (4.3 years old, 21 kg, 109 cm), seems to have a tendency of increased thirst and urination for the past two months. Can I request you to review the below summary and attached reports to help him get well? There are at least 3 to 4 occasions in past two months when he had drunk...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The urine report uploaded seems to be absolutely normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And as suggested by the case history, he was never diagnosed with any chronic illness. Blood sugar and BP was always within normal limits. More amount of water int...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for frequent urination and excessive thirst?

Query: Hello doctor, My weight is 90 kg and height is 181 cm. I am a fighter by profession. Four days ago, after finishing three hours of outdoor training, I had severe lower flank pain on both sides. Since then, I am having frequent urination at an average of four times at night and 15 times during the d...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are worried about your health and the urinary system issues. It may be urinary tract infection or fluid and electrolytes imbalances. In both these conditions, we can see such symptoms. It is good to continue having plenty of fluids. Do not perfor...  Read Full »