Q. I have some weird taste of the water as if my mouth is salty associated with excessive thirst. Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. C Elanchezhian and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Increased Thirst or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Since yesterday, I had excessive thirst. I am drinking a lot of water and still feel it. The same happened today, I drank over 500 ml and again feel thirsty. When I drink, I think some weird taste of the water as if my mouth is salty. I have anxiety (panic disorder), so this made me slightly worried about what could have happened to me. Can you help?