Increased Uric Acid

How is increased uric acid treated?

Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about the side effects of diuretics on kidneys?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I had a heart attack. Then, I went through angioplasty with stenting. Post heart attack, I was diagnosed with moderate systolic HF with EF at 35%. Currently, I am on Clavix, Rozucor 10 mg, Tide 5 mg, Metocard-XL, Planep 25 mg and Telma 20 mg. I am improving well. My EF ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your concerns. After thorough review of your health query, I want to answer those questions. Do not be overconscious regarding the issue of the lipid profile. It seems to be fine to go with this. Keep taking healthy diet. Your profile is not too low to worry...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

Why do the muscles in my thigh get numb?

Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »

What do high uric acid and joint pain indicates?

Query: Hello doctor, I have high uric acid levels and mild pain in random joints. I would like to know about hyperuricemia management. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Definitely, your uric acid is very high. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To discuss about the management, I would need to know, since when are you having these symptoms? Only small joints are involved or large joints like knee, elbow are also invol...  Read Full »

Please suggest a powder to gain weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My uric acid level is 7.2. Can I consume some powder for gaining weight? Sometime, I feel stiffness and joint pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Kahlil Subramanian

Yoga Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is merely elevated and it is borderline. But, there is no need to scare all about it. The most excellent way to gain your weight is through exercise and proper diet. You possibly may gain your weight in a healthy approach without taking any kind of s...  Read Full »

How is arthritis treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am worried for my 63 years old elder sister who is almost bedridden now due to the following ailments. She has severe pain in the stomach (started two months ago), knee pain for four years and swollen legs for three years. Doctors are of the opinion that she is suffering from severe ar...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think that she has rheumatoid arthritis (not just simple arthritis). It would be very helpful if you say which joints are involved. Is she stiff in the morning? How long it takes for the stiffness to go away? There are medications for this condition which are gentle ...  Read Full »

Why are there sudden increase in creatinine and uric acid in a CHF patient?

Query: Hello docor, My father is a CHF patient, he always had normal kidney function levels but suddenly in one month, it got increased. Also, recently he was having 100 pus cells in the urine test. He was having burning too. But until last month it was fine and suddenly these numbers. He was admitted for...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patient with CHF (congestive heart failure) has a baseline tendency for renal dysfunction. Also, the diuretics like Lasix which is on cause renal derangements which are usually reversible. Now in his case, the cause appears to be multifactorial. Over and above the b...  Read Full »

Please help me interpret my blood report.

Query: Hi doctor,I have attached my blood test reports here. Kindly help me with it, because some of the values are not normal. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Few of them are slightly on the higher side, but are not deranged enough to warrant any treatment. Your cholesterol levels and homocysteine levels are on the higher side for which y...  Read Full »

What medicines to take for foot swelling due to high uric acid?

Query: Hello Doctor, My foot is swollen right now and I'm sure that my uric acid went up again. It happens in the past and I need some medication for the pain and the inflammation. My height is 5'6 ft and my weight is 95kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Firstly, the photo uploaded isn't informative , as the extent of redness or inflammation isn't well demarcated Secondly , do you have any past history of gout If yes , how many Acute flares did u have in the past? How severe , only foot , single joint or multiple joints ??? Any Triggers l...  Read Full »