Increased Uric Acid

Please suggest diet chart for patients with high creatinine.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 55 years old and I am a diabetic patient with high BP. In a recent test the creatinine, uric acid and protein found to abnormal. I have been advised the following diet plan like protein 0.9 g per kg per day, diabetic, low potassium, low urate and low phosphorus. I am a non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following diet chart is designed for you according to your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please follow it properly. Wake up time - 7 AM. Breakfast:  Milk - half cup (200 mL). Arrowroot biscuit - 1 piece. Oats - 3 to 4 tablespoons. Boiled e...  Read Full »

Can I take Mobizox for foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric ...  Read Full »

How to control my uric acid level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I have high uric acid for 20 years. Currently, I am taking Allopurinol 300 mg and Methylpred 4 mg. For the last 3 months, the uric acid level has been less than 5. I am confused why there are still some attacks?  Read Full »

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been taking preventive gout medicine for a long time and have started to have flares for the first time in a while, call your doctor. He may talk to you about changing your dosage or your medicine. In addition to medication, these self-care tips may help...  Read Full »

Is medicine the only solution for gout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gout, and my uric acid remains in the range of 8.5 to 9. Is medicine the only solution? I have not started any, but the doctor suggested Febutaz 40 mg. If I start my medicine and continue with my daily workout, is it fine to add a protein shake in my diet?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start dietary restrictions initially, and if not responding, then you will have to use medicine. The risk of developing gout is increased with dietary meat and fish intake. Consumption of dairy products, particularly low-fat dairy products, is associat...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my blood test report.

Query: Hello doctor, I have got my detailed blood test report and I need consultation for the same.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach the reports.  Read Full »

Why am I having high uric acid?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old cholesterol patient. I have suffered this problem for the last five years. Now, I checked up my uric acid report. My uric acid report is between 1 to 7 range and sometimes 8.99. I have muscle pain in the hand and legs. I feel sometimes my cholesterol medicine can in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person having high cholesterol levels usually have metabolic syndrome, where they also have a high risk of developing high uric acid, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. The main line of treatment for all the above problems is to have a healthy lifestyle and medici...  Read Full »

Do fever and cold increase the creatinine and uric acid levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male weighing 90 kg with a height of 5'9", suffered with fever as well as cold routinely in the last month. My doctor advised me some blood test as my BP at the time of consultation was 130/110 but I was not having BP problems. The last checkup reveals normal BP 120/80...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). During any acute infection serum creatinine can rise as a result of infection as well as dehydration. For a better judgment you need to get a repeat serum creatinine as well as uric a...  Read Full »

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values. Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

What can be done to manage deranged SGOT, lead, and uric acid levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My SGOT level is 62.6. Lead level in my blood is 196.96, uric acid level is 7.5. Please suggest me better treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid and lead level are slightly high. So I would suggest you drink plenty of fluids orally, take fewer proteins in the diet ...  Read Full »