Q. How can uric acid, blood and liver parameters be kept in control?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Please see my husband's reports.

Currently, he is not on any medication.

He has started taking Orofer XT tablet and Men's Drive capsule.

Please advise if he needs to take any medicine for high uric acid.

Also, why are his RBC and liver parameters out of range?

My mother is taking Zyloric 100 mg tablet for elevated uric acid.

Can he use the same tablet?

Kindly reply.

#

I warmly welcome you on my virtual clinic and assure you not to worry as all the things may get settled with proper care and follow-up.

I feel sorry for the health issues your husband has. They are manageable.

First of all we have to take care of the issues like this in a natural way.

He does not need to go for medications in the first place.

He definitely has to go for reducing weight and taking exercise into routine.

This is actually the recommended step to go for high cholesterol, high uric acid and other issues.

As a first step we do not go for medications.

Lifestyle modification is all that is needed in the first place.

His liver profile and blood cell derangements may be due to:

1) Alcoholic hepatitis.

2) Viral hepatitis.

3) Illicit drug abuse.

4) Smoking.

5) Medications.

We can sometimes in future go for Zyloric tablets for your husband but not right now.

It has its own side effect profile and there are no emergency symptoms due to high uric acid which your husband is facing right now.

Hope it helps.

If you have any doubts or other health issues, feel free to contact me anytime.

|