Q. I have high uric acid in my blood, and I am already under many medicines. Kindly help me.

Dr. Rodolfo Henriques
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have high uric acid in my blood. Could this be gout? It was not painful at all. It was last summer. The doctors are trying to decide if good to start me on medicine to lower uric acid. I already take many medicines, such as Coumadin, Ambien, and Propranolol. I am going for COVID's first shot. I am not sure should I add Febustat and also take Warfarin. I am attaching the reports. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Welcome to ilciniq.com.

Before starting another medication, you should try to lower the uric acid by observing your meal and diet intake. You should avoid red meat, beer, and similar beverage. Maybe, only these measures are able to control it, and no medication would be necessary. I hope this was helpful.

I am a vegetarian and only eat fish occasionally also, I do not drink any beer, but occasionally I do drink alcohol-free beer and zero purine certified. What else can I do with it because of lagoon or lentils? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Well, being vegetarian becomes an advantage on the management of your health condition, even though there are some food that must be avoided, like some fishes (herring, anchovies, cod, sardines, salmon, mussels, shrimp, oysters, lobster, crab, fish roe), there are other vegetables that also are responsible by the increase of uric acid (beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower), in this case, it is recommended to eat small portions (about 100 g) once a day. Drink a lot of water or juice, but avoid the rich fruits on fructose like date, banana, plum, persimmon. I hope this was helpful.

|