Q. My uric acid level has got increased after taking medicines. What to do?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I did several blood and urine tests as part of a check-up and the following results came back altered:

- urine pH of 7.5 - red cells (urine): 26.000/mL

- uric acid (serum): 8.0 mg/dL

- chloresterol: 200 mg/dL

- albumine (serum): 5.0 mg/dL

All other blood tests are ok (blood count, creatinine, urea, potassium, sodium, glycose, TGP,CPK, TGO, TSH,T4 and alkaline phosphatase) Currently I am taking two 500 mg metformin/day and dixilant 60mg/day. I also take a multivitamin and 450 mg of vitamin C. Finally, because I gained some weight I started taking Lipo6 black once a day, chitosan 4x500 mg/day and faseolamine 4x 500 mg pills/day.

My most recent urine test was done last year and didn't indicate any issues. My uric acid levels have been slighty elevated (7.2-7.8 mg/dL) for the past few years. I was wondering what could be wrong specifically on the urine test results and the high serum albumine and if this could be related to the drugs I am taking.

#

Hi

Welcome to icliniq

Sir such urine changes are seen due to urine tract infection or other reason could be due to high protein diet. Like red meat and alcohol consumption leads to increased in uric acid levels. And increased uric acid leads to a disease called gouts disease. So you have to control your diet and maintain properly. High uric acids leads to pain in joints and bone. Medicine can’t be reason for such. You should drink enough water regularly to maintain normal kidney function and make sure water is not contaminated. Use filter water. Please tell me what symptoms do you have currently. If you have any symptoms please answer so i can help accordingly. Thank you

|