Q. What treatment is available to manage deranged SGOT, lead, and uric acid levels?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

My SGOT level is 62.6. Lead level in my blood is 196.96, uric acid level is 7.5. Please suggest me better treatment.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern.

I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid and lead level are slightly high. So I would suggest you drink plenty of fluids orally, take fewer proteins in the diet and get done repeat uric acid and lead levels in one month. Please let me know if you have joint pain. Your SGOT is slightly elevated. Your lipid profile is also showing elevated total triglycerides and cholesterol levels. All these are suggestive of obesity and treatment is weight reduction and lipid-lowering drug (Rosuvastatin 10 mg once a day at night before going to sleep) for two months. Get done repeat SGOT and lipid profile after two months. Diet and aerobic exercise like running, cycling, swimming, etc., are also beneficial for weight loss. Do let me know if you have joint pains.

|