Q. Why do I have acute pain in my whole body?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I am a 42 year old male. Two months back, one fine day, when I woke up I had acute pain in my whole body. I was unable to stand up, walk or pull anything. I had pain in and around the knees, elbow and wrist. I consulted a general physician and got uric acid test done. My uric acid was 8.3 mg/dL. My physician advised me to take certain medicine, but it did not give any relief even after 15 days and then physician advised me to consult an orthopedic doctor. Orthopedic doctor said me that the pain may be due to winter season and advised me to take certain medicine, but it did not give any relief even after 15 days. Then, I consulted a neurologist who advised me to take many tests (Hb, TC, DC, ESR, RA factor, platelet count, uric acid and LTF) and an MRI test (MRI of lumbosacral spine). In these tests everything was fine, except ESR, which was 70 mm in the first hour. Even my uric acid was under control. Again his medication did not give any result and my ankle started swelling. Then my neurologist suggested me to consult a rheumatologist. 12 days back, I consulted a rheumatologist who diagnosed my problem as acute polyarthritis and advised the following medicines. Injection Folitrax (once in a week), Zofer (one pill before injection), Folvite 5 mg (two tablets on weekends), Pantocid DSR (one pill daily) and Zycolchin (one pill daily). I also got the following tests done such as calcium, C-reactive protein, Anti-CCP, ANA, vitamin B12 and 25-hydroxyvitamin D. Everything was fine except C-reactive protein (3.6 mg/dL) and 25-hydroxyvitamin D (3.87 ng/mL). A week back, doctor further added these medicines. HCQS 200 (one pill daily), Arachitol injection 6 L (only once) and Uprise D3 (one pill once in a week) and told me to continue these medicines for two months. He said that this type of disease takes at least two months to cure. However, I had no relief. Only pain killer tablet gave me relief. Please advise me whether my present treatment is right or not. Thank you.

#

Hi.

• The medicines given to you by your doctor are disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). They would offer you relief in long term.
  • You would need to either take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) like Etoricoxib for short duration or you may take a shot of injection Depo-Medrol (Methylprednisolone acetate) which would give you symptomatic relief.
  • I suppose you should see back your rheumatologist and share my opinion with him.

For further information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|