Increased Urine Frequency

Why is there blood spots in urine after placing the catheter?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was operated on for hip replacement surgery a few months back. He is on a Catheter since last month and often passes blood and debris in the discharge bag. He has no control over urine and was initially passing white urine before we put catheter. Blood spots in urine are only a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My advice for you is 1. Continue with a catheter till your father is able to walk normally, without any problem. 2. CT scan finding does not require any intervention at present. A cyst can be a normal finding. The best advice regarding cyst can only be given after ...  Read Full »

My mother has an increased urine frequency for two months. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Since last two months, there is increased urine frequency. Earlier, she used to have five to six times a day and now, it has become 10 to 12 times in a day. We consulted urology specialists and according to them both kidneys and bladder seemed normal. T...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. According to the history, it looks like she is suffering from a low capacity with overactive bladder. An urodynamic study will give an idea about bladder capacity and bladder pressure during voiding. So, it is better to go ahead with an urodyna...  Read Full »

Why does the urge to urinate persist with low urine volume?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the urge (not frequent) to urinate when there is very little urine in my bladder. Just a couple of drops. And urine volume for 24 hours period is very low. I do not have a blockage. This started when I was put on Venlafaxine. No connection was made to the medicine. After ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequency and urgency of urine are common in middle-aged women and is referred to as bladder overactivity. But other causative factors should be excluded like urinary tract infection and small capacity as bladder or bladder outlet obstruction. Regarding a small amount ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of burning on urination and abdominal pain now?

Query: Female,18, 5’6 I urinate way too frequently and it’s always a little amount and when I do u get very bad cramps I also have a slight burning in my vagina. It comes and goes and it is very painful. I once had a cyst in my left ovary when I was 16. But I didn’t experience the burning...  Read Full »

Dr. Rupali Satija

Family Physician

Answer: Hi dear ovarian cyst will not cause such pain. From what you are saying it looks like you have urinary infection Here are the things that you should do Take tab Niftran 100 mg twice a day for 5 days Have plenty of liquids around 2 to 2.5 litres of water If you get this problem frequently I suggest y...  Read Full »

When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once da...  Read Full »

Why do I have irritation and discomfort at the tip of penis while getting an urge to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. For the past, 24 hours I have been experiencing an ongoing urge to urinate with a slight discomforting pain which feels near to the inside of the tip of the penis. When I do urinate, I only do small amounts, and being a volunteer fire fighter I know that the u...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of frequency indicate inflammation or irritation to your bladder, prostate, or urethra, which we call as lower urinary tract. Inflammation can be secondary to an infection, and irritation can be due to stone at lower ureter or bladder. Previous history of ...  Read Full »

Why do I get an urge to urinate as soon as I drink water?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. For the past 30-40 days, I am facing issues with frequent urination. As soon as I drink water after 15-20 minutes, I get the urge to urinate, and the urine is white color or light yellow. Then I consulted the local physician, he gave Ofloxacin 200 for three to fou...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequency of urination is related to a few causes small bladder incomplete emptying of bladder, increased amount of urine production, inflammation of bladder, inflammation of the prostate or inflammation of the urethra. Small bladder is unlikely as it is related to chr...  Read Full »

Will prostate enlargement cause fever and urological problems?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient has some urological problems. For the past 12 days, he has been suffering from mild fever ranging from 96 to 99.2 degrees. His PSA is 7.21 and he urinates frequently. He is currently on Taxim O and Afdura for prostate enlargement.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement is occurring in males after the age of 50 years. This enlargement can cause issues of obstruction and leads to infections, stones, and even kidney failure. Diagnosis is by history examination and ultrasound scan in addition to kidney function test...  Read Full »

What is the treatment to prevent recurrent urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a urinary tract infection again. I had it two times within past two months. It is the second time. I took Sefdin, and megatas but still no improvement. Please assist me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think there has to be some cause due to which you are having recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). Do not worry, you will be alright. First I will write a prescription which you have to start. Tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg for five days. Syrup Alkamax /Citraalka 10 ml T...  Read Full »

Will cardiac and BP medication cause increased urinary output?

Query: Hi doctor, Before two months, I had one stent put in the complete blocked artery. Scans showed heart muscle damage from an old heart attack this was caused by me not taking my BP drugs. So for the first time in my life I have stuck to taking all my prescribed drugs, these were Aspirin 75 mg, Amlodip...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the medicines you are taking are essential medicines and should not be stopped except in case of severe allergy. None of these medicines cause increased urination. Amlodipine is a blood pressure lowering medicine, it can be changed to some other medicine. This m...  Read Full »