Increased Urine Frequency

Why am I urinating frequently after ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male, single, with Familial Mediterranean fever, and recently under the supervision of a liver doctor. My symptoms which start after ejaculation are: 1. Frequent urination. 2. Discomfort and pain between the abdomen and thighs. 3. Some times pain in the thighs a...  Read Full »

Dr. Haluk K Ulaksizoglu

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you describe is a combination of symptoms that may or may not be related to each other. The pain, urination, and ejaculation problems, as well as the sensations you feel at the penis area, points to what we call non-bacterial prostatitis or Prostatodynia syndrom...  Read Full »

After urination, a few drops of urine are dripping which I cannot control. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, After urination a few drops are coming through my penis, I cannot control. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem, but you have provided very less information to solve the problem. Kindly provide the following information about yourself, 1. Age. 2.Occupation and religion. And since how long you are having this problem? 3. A number of drops that a...  Read Full »

Side Effects of Doxycycline, Which I Took for UTI

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sick with side effects from Doxycycline for two weeks. I had a UTI which has cleared. I have been to the doctor twice, they checked my urine, and there is no infection. I feel tired, have chills, I feel cold, have a back and joint pain. I do not have a fever. I have read t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you had a urine test, but there are different types of urine test like a dipstick, which is done at the office, a complete analysis, which is done in the laboratory and a urine culture. I am more interested in the last two. With all due respect to you...  Read Full »

Can Lisdexamfetamine cause bladder irritation or tightening?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 41-year-old female, 143 lbs. I currently take Lisdexamfetamine 50 mg for ADHD. I have been experiencing bladder discomfort off and on for three months now. It was quite intense for two weeks, then went away for several weeks, and now is present again although less intense. It jus...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having increased frequency of urination, night-time frequency, the urgency of urination, it may be an overactive bladder. It can occur spontaneously or be precipitated by UTI episodes, stone disease, medications, etc. In your case, the medicine may not be res...  Read Full »

Why is a child having increased thirst and urination?

Query: Hello doctor, My son (4.3 years old, 21 kg, 109 cm), seems to have a tendency of increased thirst and urination for the past two months. Can I request you to review the below summary and attached reports to help him get well? There are at least 3 to 4 occasions in past two months when he had drunk...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The urine report uploaded seems to be absolutely normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And as suggested by the case history, he was never diagnosed with any chronic illness. Blood sugar and BP was always within normal limits. More amount of water int...  Read Full »

When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once da...  Read Full »

I am passing more urine due to anxiety. Is there a risk of developing kidney disease?

Query: Hello doctor,When I drink water after 15 to 20 minutes I feel to pass urine. So, I drink less water from one year. I suffered from OCD psychiatric disorder from five years. The doctor told me that I am passing more urine due to anxiety. My urea creatinine and blood sugar are in the normal range. I w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, not at all. If your urea and creatinine are good, there are no chances that you will develop any renal failure or CKD just because you pass excessive urine. To alleviate your anxiety, get your urine osmolality test done and if that is normal, the urine you are p...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »

Is it true that my urinary problems cannot be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last 20 days, I am having urinary problems. My symptoms are poor urine stream, less volume of urine, the frequency of urination is more if I drink more fluids, urinary retention, pain in the area which is near the left side of the penis, and post void dribbling. My doctor to...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before a month, how was your urinary flow? If there is a sudden decrease in the flow then get an x-ray KUB (kidney, urethra, and bladder), including the penile urethra, as kidney stone may be missed in an ultrasound. Also, share the urine analysis report. I suggest y...  Read Full »

I am facing urine dripping problem and frequent urination. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have urine dripping problem after urination. I also have frequent urination. I have uploaded all test reports. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All your reports are fine. Probably, you are having overactive bladder. It can only be diagnosed by urodynamics bladder pressure study. It is better to get it done before starting the tr...  Read Full »