Q. Should I be cautious about indigestion, as I had jaundice earlier?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I have been suffering from indigestion for the last two days. Also, I had jaundice two years back. So kindly suggest some specific precautions.

#

I understand your concern. Indigestion is due to elevation in SGPT (serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase) and SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase). As you know liver plays an important role in digestion and when there are some problems with the liver, it leads to indigestion, so I would suggest you take - syrup Hepamerz (L-Ornithine and L-Aspartate) 5 ml daily after meal for 15 days. It is a protective liver syrup. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent. It will improve your liver and indigestion as well. Please tell me have you done an ultrasound examination? If yes, please send me to report. If not, kindly do the ultrasound examination and send me the report.

Thank you

As per your suggestion, I have got USG. Please find the attachment and advise me of further treatment.

#

Thank you for the response. I have reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). As I can see, you have multiple calculi (stones) in the gallbladder, so your liver enzymes are elevated. Stones are small, but there are multiple stones, so if not medically treated, then you might need surgery in the future is the size of the stones increases. The surgery is easy, and it is laparoscopic surgery, so you would not have any complications. For now, have good control over seeds containing products like tomatoes, cucumbers, and ladyfingers. Drink more water. I would suggest you take syrup Hepamerz (L-Ornithine and L-Aspartate). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent.Do you have pain sometimes on the right side of the abdomen? If there is no pain, then take persecution. Avoid oily and fast food as well.

is the size of the stones

Can you please comment on the CBD? Is there a stone in the duct? There is a calculus of size 6.7 mm in CBD. Does that mean there is a stone inside CBD?

#

There is a stone at the opening (mouth), as they mentioned, the lumen of CBD (common bile duct), so you can go for ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) as well. It will help diagnose, and they take the stone through it if possible. I would suggest you consult a surgeon regarding this. There is no emergency, but you should consult a surgeon for further management. If anything else, please let me know.

|