Indigestion

How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of the system?

Query: Hello doctor, How long does it take for Acidophilus to get out of your system? Since stopping I have experienced indigestion. I am wondering how long it will take for the probiotic to be out of my system. Last week I started having some digestive issues. Mainly just pain and pressure in my upper ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think your indigestion is because of Acidophilus. Also, these probiotics do not get into the system. It just stays in the GI tract. They do not get absorbed. They can stay for a longer period of time and are beneficial. I think all this indigestion-like feeling i...  Read Full »

Why do I have vomiting in the early morning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vomiting in the early morning. I consulted a doctor, and the doctor told that it is due to allergy. I want to know the reason for having vomiting. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting can occur due to allergy. Causes of vomiting are extensive. It can also happen due to gastritis. If you are having hyperacidity and indigestion, then you can have frequent vomiting. I suggest you take PPI (proton pump inhibitor) with Domperidone combination lik...  Read Full »

Why am I having problems with food digestion and lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I think I suffer from liver and a gastric problem for the past two years. Food is not digested properly. Lower abdomen left side some burning sensation, swelling, and pain were there. Sometimes, I feel the hardness in the lower left abdomen. Bilirubin total is high and bilirubin direct ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your liver tests are normal. The small increase in indirect billirubin alone (as the one you have) most commonly corresponds to Gilbert syndrome, which is totally harmless. This syndrome is hereditary but has no serious consequences. Mild jaundice may appear under co...  Read Full »

How to get rid of gas problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a heavy gas problem with heaviness on head and neck. I am a diabetic with 72 age, weight 60 kg, and height 160 cm.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have a functional indigestion problem and so gas problem. Kindly mention any other clinical complaint if present to guide you further. You can be prescribed Gelusil or Alcid MPS like syrup to solve your gas problem. Meanwhile try to avoid intake of gas-formin...  Read Full »

I have weight loss, nausea, indigestion and pain in lower abdomen. What is the problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. I am having symptoms of weight loss, nausea, gas, burping, indigestion, and pain in the lower abdomen. I have lost about 10 kilograms in a year. Recently, I have done a UGI endoscopy. I am attaching my reports. Please advise me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having H pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection. Take Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily. Take Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily and Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for three months. ...  Read Full »

I suffer from constipation, indigestion, hyperacidity and premature ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from indigestion, hyperacidity, constipation, and chronic premature ejaculation for many years. I am a chain smoker, and I had stopped drinking alcohol for the past two months. Kindly advice me a good medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These health problems occur due to excessive drinking of alcohol and smoking. It is good to hear that you have stopped drinking alcohol. It will take some time to get back to normal health. I would advise you take Nux vomica 30c four pills or two drops in a half cup of ...  Read Full »

I am having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to modify your diet and lifestyle consistently and avoid all medicines and foods which can potentially damage the liver. You need to be on a diet high in protein and low in fat or carbohydrates. You should have regular physical activity. Regarding medicines, I ...  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full »

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full »

Why am I having egg burps and what can I do to get rid of them?

Query: Hi, Why am I having egg burps and what can I do to get rid of them?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg burps are produced due to improper digestion of food especially proteins. Most of the time it is due to delayed emptying of stomach and sometimes due to liver problems or diabetes. My advise is avoid non-vegetarian items, cheese, butter. Eat more of fruits and drink m...  Read Full »