Infected Eczematous Dermatitis

I have some kind of skin infection. Please let me know further action from the image.

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like C...  Read Full »

I have an itchy and swollen rash that leaks straw-colored liquid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have had the rash for about a week and taken antihistamines. I saw a pharmacist today who said she had never seen something like this before so I was sent to a minor injuries unit who told me to come back in two days if it had not gone. It leaks straw colored liquid and is very itchy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is infected eczematous dermatitis (IED). I suggest you take an oral antibiotic like either Amoxycillin 500 mg or Cephalexin 500 mg, thrice daily for a week. In...  Read Full »