Q. I noticed a clear bubble under my tongue. It is not painful. Is this due to an infected tooth?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jul 26, 2019

• I have had swollen glands for a few months now.
  • I have seen an ENT doctor for the same.
  • He ran a blood test and it came back normal.
  • He told me give it a month and they should go down.
  • They have not gone down or grown.
  • Before going to the ENT doctor, I also visited a dentist and got to know that I have a tooth on each side that is infected.
  • He said that the molar has to be taken out.
  • Today, I noticed a clear bubble under my tongue. It is not painful.

Are these related?

#

Hi ,

• The swollen gland can be due to the infected molar.
  • An infected tooth also can cause swollen glands in the neck.
  • The swollen glands will subside only if the infection site is cleared.
  • Get it treated as soon as possible.
  • Visit the dentist, get an x-ray (IOPA - Intraoral Periapical Radiograph) done for the infected tooth.
  • Meanwhile do lukewarm saline mouthrinse 3 to 4 times daily.
  • The clear bubble present below the tongue is not linked to the infected tooth.
  • This can be a mucocele or ranula (painless fluid filled swellings in the mouth).

Revert back with the x-ray reports to a dentist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|