Q. I have pain and difficulty in breathing with swollen nodes in my neck. What could it be?

Dr. Hira Chaudhry
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have had chest pain when breathing deeply for the past two days now. When I move, I also have a dull pain. One of my neck lymph nodes are swollen, and whenever I move my neck, it hurts in the swollen spot. I live with my mom, and she just got tested for COVID-19, which was negative. I have no other symptoms.

#

Thank you for your query. I am glad that you did not ignore your symptoms and decided to consult with a specialist. Pain in the chest with difficulty in breathing should not be overlooked because it indicates an underlying condition. You also mentioned that you have a swollen lymph node, which also shows inflammation due to an infection. You did not say where exactly is the swelling. I would have been able to help you better if you have attached an image. I recommend you going for a physical examination as soon as possible as the cause of inflammation needs to be detected. Your symptoms do not necessarily indicate COVID-19, but they could be due to other reasons. Meanwhile, please monitor your temperature regularly, sleep in a position ideal for breathing, and avoid physical exertion. I hope it helps you. Get well soon.

Complete blood profile, chest x-ray, and physical examination.

| 

Are cold with chest pain and fatigue symptoms of pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Sh...  Read Full »

Can infection on penis cause severe itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from an infection on my penis. I am using Clotrimazole cream over the infection. Once I miss applying cream a day, the penis gets infected with red patches, pus-filled boils and there is severe itching. My partner is not affected by any problem though we are sexually activ...  Read Full »

I am having neck pain with weakness after anterior discectomy of C3, C4 and C5. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old, before 16 years underwent anterior discectomy of c3c4&c4c5 with fusion. Even had neck pain and pain got radiated to neck and back while working. Suffering with pain for 16 years but I got used to it. But for past few months neck became very very week am not able...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»