Q. Could past history of STD cause infertility?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Infertility or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been very stuck in the past few years. About four years ago, I was in a long term relationship with a boyfriend of mine. And during that time, I became sick and did not know what it was. Came to know that it was an STD (chlamydia). I was cleared after being in the hospital for two days. I have recently been with my current boyfriend for four years now and soon to be engaged.

We have tried conceiving, and nothing works. I believe I may be infertile due to what happened to me, but I did not think so at first because I thought the doctors during my hospital visit would have explained that something else was wrong. I have not gone to the gynecologist yet nor have got my concern about this checked because I am terrifyingly nervous of the outcome as I know it is severe. I need some help on any natural remedies if this is the case.