Influenza-like Illness

Can the body pain and runny nose in me be related to flu?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have the flu. It is just body pain and a runny nose for two days. I took Advil and Zyrtec in the morning and at night. Now I feel better but not the best. If this is flu, what all should I do apart from this to take care of me? I want to feel alright. Now I am fatigued. I do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Yes, the possibility of viral upper respiratory tract infection is more likely. How is the COVID-19 situation in your city? I suggest taking ORS (oral rehydration solution) and multivitamin tablets for energy. Rest, and both medicines are...  Read Full »

Can flu happen anytime or only during a particular season?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had flu ever since I was three. I am now sixteen, but the flu happens all year round. The flu comes early in the morning after waking up and at night before sleep, and also when I wake up abruptly—my nose and eyes itches. My nose is also congested, and I can only breathe thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to learn about your condition. Understandably, you want to get rid of this situation. Based on your description, I firmly believe this is an allergy-like auto-immune process. Maybe you have laboratory results with a full platelet count at home. Have a look at...  Read Full »

What is the difference between COVID-19 and other influenza-like illness?

Query: Hi doctor,I have sneezing with nasal discharge. How to manage influenza-like illness?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. According to the statement, you are suffering from sneezing, nasal drooling, or mouth breathing. You need to know about the treatment protocol for influenza-like illness (ILI). The signs and symptoms are fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, ...  Read Full »