Q. I still smell and taste deodorant after accidentally consuming it a week back. Please help.

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2021

I consumed deodorant accidentally. I am tending to smell and taste it for a week in spite of brushing and gargling.

#

Having a persistent smell and taste of having exposure to deodorant or any strong substance is a known entity. There is nothing to be worried. I suggest you use Duonase nasal spray (Fluticasone propionate with Azelastine) two puffs on both nostrils separately two times a day for two weeks. There is no need to do any investigations for now. It takes around 2 to 3 weeks to get resolved. You can also use nasal irrigation called Netiwash or Nasowash. It is basically a saline nasal wash. Use it 6 to 8 times a day for two weeks. Maintain a gap of two hours while using spray and wash. You can use either wash or spray first.

|