Q. Can I take Kalachikai to treat inguinal hernia?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 09, 2021

I am having direct inguinal hernia on the left side. Can I take Kalachikai to treat hernia?

#

• An inguinal hernia occurs due to a weak abdominal wall. As a result of a weak abdominal wall, some part of intestine comes out.
  • You may feel it while coughing, sometimes lifting heavy weight also causes the intestine to come out. Some people do not feel any symptom while some may have symptoms like pain in the abdomen, heaviness in abdomen, etc.
  • The main line of treatment for an inguinal hernia is surgery. So, I advise you to rather than taking any medicine you can go to a nearby surgeon and can understand your situation.
  • There are two types of surgeries performed for inguinal hernia correction. One is open surgery while the other one is laparoscopic surgery. You can ask your surgeon regarding the complete details about them.
  • The success rate in an inguinal hernia is usually high. So, I recommend you to consult a nearby surgeon rather than having any medicine because it is more like an anatomical defect and only surgery can cure it.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|