Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. What is causing severe allergic reaction to insect bites?

Answered by
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 04, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am getting increasingly more severe reactions to insect bites. For 45 years, my body barely registered insect bites, until my hands were bitten a hundred times each by tiny sand mozzies and swelled to triple normal size with great discomfort. Now every bite from mozzie, fly, ant, etc., swells up three or four inches round and half and an inch high. Often to develop a yellow head and linger for many days. The itch and discomfort is unlike anything I had ever experienced before the old bites. What has happened? How do I treat this?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Ayurveda Specialist


Welcome to

Most insect bites are harmless, though they feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. But some of the insect-like bee, wasp or as you mentioned sand mozzies may hurt and cause burning, swelling, pain, etc. Some peoples become allergic to such insect poison. They also transmit several diseases like malaria, filariasis, dengue, etc. There is a need to improve your immunity to combat such issues.

The Probable causes:

Insect bites, touch, allergens, etc.

Treatment plan:

Take Tinospora cardifolia, Ocimum sanctum, Albizzia lebbeck, Turmeric each 10 gm and boil with 240 ml water till it becomes 60 ml. Take 30 ml decoction morning and 30 ml evening. It helps to resolve your issues.

Preventive measures:

Protect your self from allergens and insects. Fumigate the house with smoke of Neem, Tulasi leaves, and Guggulu. Wear protective clothes.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What are these red, non-itchy bumps, which started after a mosquito bite?
My legs are itchy and red. Is that due to insect bite?
My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

From the photos, kindly explain the rash that I have recently got.

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently developed a rash on the inside of my left leg. It looks like multiple bite marks from something or a rash; I am not sure. I thought that it might be due to bed bugs and the next day the same bumps or bite marks appeared on my stomach. It is even more around my right, an...  Read Full »

I need a second opinion for my skin pigmentation.

Query: Hi doctor,I am seeking a second opinion on an issue. Recently, a doctor at a skin cancer clinic observed my hands and arms and noticed sunspots on my hands. I have something similar on my right inner forearm. In the past, I have noticed a spot growing adjacent to this. Another, dermatologist felt th...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.