Q. I cannot fall asleep or get sound sleep due to my activities during the day. Please help.

Dr. Balamurugan

I cannot fall asleep or get sound sleep due to my activities during the day. I am into fitness. I should be able to sleep well as my body needs recovery, but sadly it is not happening. Please help.

#

I understand your concern. In general, sleep hygiene consists of providing a comfortable, quiet environment, avoiding light or sound. Once this routine is repeated every night, it becomes a habit to sleep at that particular time. Moreover, plan dinner time at least two hours before sleep time and avoid caffeine intake and exposure to electronic gadgets to facilitate sound sleep. Furthermore, meditation and other relaxation techniques such as concentrating on the breath, light music, or reading a book help calm the mind and relieve stress. Finally, before falling asleep at the end of the day, write down a piece of paper ten positive things during the day. It could be anything from enjoying a snack, cracking a joke, making someone laugh, seeing a beautiful bird, staying calm in a conflict, etc. You will soon realize that the world is filled with amazing beauties and wonders. A small change in attitude can change your life to the brighter side. However, if the symptom persists, please consult with an expert. I hope this helps you.

|