Q. I have depression and severe insomnia. Please help me.

Answered by Dr. Punya Mulky and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Insomnia or Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 79 years old. I have depression for over ten years. I usually take 10 ml alcohol every evening. I had been taking Prozac 20 mg for many years. I suffer from insomnia. I am taking Mirtazapine 15 mg, Valium 5 mg, and Phenergan 25 mg. These give me sleep for 12 hours. Before three days, I increased the dosage of Prozac to 30 mg as I was more depressed and extremely fatigued for many months. After taking it, it worsened my insomnia. I had no improvement in fatigue. A few months back, I took Mirtazapine 30 mg. It also worsened my insomnia. Then I reverted to 15 mg. Please help me.