iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ Counselorintense angerI have intense anger issues. Is it due to bipolar disorder?

Can bipolar disorder cause increased anger?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At March 7, 2020
Reviewed AtJune 27, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I m female, 21-year-old, 4 feet and 8invhes in height and 92 pounds in weight. I am suffering from a psychic problem. I think I have bipolar disorder, I get too angry, anxious, stressed, and get depressed soon. I will break every object when I get angry I will become out of mind at that time, I broke more than 25 mobiles and other things and I repented for all that after some time but I cannot control that behavior every time I do that and I repent after some time. I am fed up with that. I tried committing suicide also many times once I was saved in a difficult situation so I do not have the guts to try that again and I do not like to but I cannot live like this. I have fewer friends, I am creating problems for my parents also. I really tried to change my behavior but I am not able to do anything about it. I beat my mother in anger I am in that guilt currently. I do love my parents but my anger is the main problem. My current mood is I do not want to live and I do not like to die in between this. Please help me to come out of this problem.

Answered by Dr. Ruhi Satija


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can understand it must be really difficult for you right now. What you are describing looks more like depression with anxiety, for bipolar disorder there has to be episodes of Mania which can be diagnosed after complete evaluation and psychiatry history. The first thing you need to understand is that your behavior is partially in control of you when you have a mental health disorder and the actions that you do because of depression or bipolar, is not much under your control but with medications and proper therapy treatment you can control these. There are two things that you will need to get help with this, starting psychotherapy which is counseling sessions it will help you in controlling your anger and it will also help you vent out your emotions and all the guilt that you are holding which is making you even worse. Secondly, you may need medications that can be decided after a complete evaluation. Please find a local therapist or a psychiatrist who will guide you. If you cannot find the local therapist we can start therapy online via video consultation. Please do not worry, it might take some time but it is definitely manageable.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Ruhi Satija
Dr. Ruhi Satija


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy