Q. How can I control my anger?

Answered by
Dr. Vandana Patidar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue. For that reason, though I have the eagerness to take food, I take a little.

In my family, my father has some behavioral issues. He is also a psycho patient. All-time he disturbs us behaving rudely and he also got entangled in an outside relationship with a lady and the lady cheated him. So, now father becomes mad. My mother is also a cardiac patient. So, all the time a claustrophobic environment is there in our house. Moreover, the pressure from my father. I am always in fear that what I can do in this situation.

I have another tension regarding my mother. She is always tensed. She does not sleep at night. So, I am tensed there about the current situation. I do not focus my mind into something. I feel that nothing is good around me. Even I dream about lots of bad things. Even midnight I hear that my parents are quarreling falsely. I cannot sleep constantly. Even after a sleep of 4 to 5 hours, I feel like I have done too many hard works.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him. If your mother is also slipping into depression then you can have a psychiatric consultation for her also. I guess family therapy would do best for all of you.

Apart from it, try to do some lifestyle changes which can decrease the mental stress on you. 30 minutes of regular physical activity will improve your body and mental fitness. Yoga, meditation and breathing exercise will also help you. A neutral family therapist can help best to get you out of this situation.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I cannot stop talking to myself. What should I do?

.. what you are going through. You have made the right choice to seek help as it is the first step to get better. There are a few suggestions: Open up about these problems with a person you trust and along with that person consult a ...   Read full

A 10-year-old girl obsess spanking frequently. Is this due to Asperger's syndrome?

.. is into the screen most of the time, and hence, it will be her primary advisor. She is just modeling what she sees and is quite common at this age. Try to minimize her interaction with the screen. She requires more human interaction. Put her in ex...   Read full

I get sudden jerks when I am about to sleep. Why?

.. are suffering from hypnic jerks only. This is not a disease. It is a behavioral issue. I have successfully treated my patients with hypnic jerk by following measures. To reduce caffeine intake and particularly in evening. To stop alcohol and smoki...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I am uncomfortable with my baby getting attached to my mother-in-law. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure if this is the right category to post my question in. My problem is with my mother-in-law. Or maybe the problem is with me, after all.My baby boy is now 8 months old. He is a handful most days. He is not the type that plays by himself and he gets bored really quickly. He ...  Read Full »

How can I handle break-up issue and lack of interest in new city?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old, female. I moved to a new city, for my job purpose, and I do not have any interest in this city. I do not like and recently my boyfriend broke up with me. After four years of long relationship. Now I cannot get over him. I cannot erase memories. I feel devastated and...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking Adderall for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 29 year old boyfriend, who weighs 190 lbs and 6 feet tall, he is a former athlete in college. He was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia through the spinal tab, five years ago. He is now taking Adderall 60 mg a day total, spread over six times, and is using Flumazenil cream, wh...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As content published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.