Q. How can I control my anger?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue. For that reason, though I have the eagerness to take food, I take a little.

In my family, my father has some behavioral issues. He is also a psycho patient. All-time he disturbs us behaving rudely and he also got entangled in an outside relationship with a lady and the lady cheated him. So, now father becomes mad. My mother is also a cardiac patient. So, all the time a claustrophobic environment is there in our house. Moreover, the pressure from my father. I am always in fear that what I can do in this situation.

I have another tension regarding my mother. She is always tensed. She does not sleep at night. So, I am tensed there about the current situation. I do not focus my mind into something. I feel that nothing is good around me. Even I dream about lots of bad things. Even midnight I hear that my parents are quarreling falsely. I cannot sleep constantly. Even after a sleep of 4 to 5 hours, I feel like I have done too many hard works.

#

I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him. If your mother is also slipping into depression then you can have a psychiatric consultation for her also. I guess family therapy would do best for all of you.

Apart from it, try to do some lifestyle changes which can decrease the mental stress on you. 30 minutes of regular physical activity will improve your body and mental fitness. Yoga, meditation and breathing exercise will also help you. A neutral family therapist can help best to get you out of this situation.

|