Intestinal Tuberculosis

What is your opinion about my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have mild abdominal pain in the lower right part of the stomach. I was diagnosed with PPD six months ago and continued my regular medicine (no ATD). Since then, I occasionally get severe pain at the very same location and it lasts for around 4 to 6 hours. This pain was not regul...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain if you have any other symptoms, bowel habits (constipation or diarrhea), consistency of stool, blood or mucus in stool, appetite and fever? If you have increased frequency of stool, loose stool and mucus in stool, then there might be possible Crohn's dis...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old and my height is 5'7" and my weight is 57kg. My problem is related to my reduced body growth and development. I regularly take diet 3-4 times a day and drink about 3 litres of water a day. Besides this, I have also taken health supplements like horlicks/enduramass in...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are unable to gain weight, you should be evaluated for organic causes behind it. It can however be just constitutional. But it is not uncommon to have some organic causes behind this problem. If there is any organic cause, it should be evaluated. If you have an...  Read Full »

Can Enteroquinol be taken for stomach TB?

Query: Hello doctor, I am undergoing treatment for stomach TB for the last one year. I take Sompraz D 20 capsule on empty stomach and Libotryp at night. Due to overeating today, I am having diarrhea and indigestion. Can I take Enteroquinol and Eelectral powder? Or would you like to suggest me any other tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take these medicines. There is no issue with these medications with your present treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines. The probable diagnosis is infectious diarrhea. In acute diarr...  Read Full »