Q. Can Enteroquinol be taken for stomach TB?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am undergoing treatment for stomach TB for the last one year. I take Sompraz D 20 capsule on empty stomach and Libotryp at night. Due to overeating today, I am having diarrhea and indigestion. Can I take Enteroquinol and Eelectral powder? Or would you like to suggest me any other treatment? Also, now I do not feel like eating anything else. Please help.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

Yes, you can take these medicines. There is no issue with these medications with your present treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

The probable diagnosis is infectious diarrhea.

In acute diarrhea cases, the most important is to take water in the form of ORS (oral rehydration solution). If you have mucus or blood in the stool or pain in the abdomen then only you should take antiparasitic medications. Otherwise not indicated because the most common diarrhea is caused by viruses.

If you suspect food poisoning then we should take specific medication according to your food intake. For now, you take ORS 250 mL per loose stool and normal diet

You may revert back more details with the type of food to be taken, consistency and quantity of stool, blood or mucus in stool, and presence of pain or not, fever etc.

You need to maintain hygiene.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|