Q. Why am I relating everything with the question whether my wife is loyal or not?

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

For the last two years, I am not feeling mentally easy. I am not able to trust my wife, but I do not know why as I have never seen any mistakes from her side. I know she loves me and cannot even think to cheat me in her dream. She supports me when I tell her about this problem. But, the problem is that I relate unwanted things with her. For example, if I play a game and will think that if I win my wife is loyal and if I lose she is not. It is happening all the time from day to night in everything. Even in my childhood, I target a pipe with stone whether to know I will come first in the exam or not. The main problem is when I think something and it does not happen my heartbeat becomes louder and I start relate that thing with my personal life. I do not have words to tell my problem exactly. I relate everything with this question that she is loyal or not. Please help if you understand my problem.

#

You have given a complete detailed history regarding your mental stress.

• According to your history, you are having repetitive, uncontrollable intrusive thoughts of suspiciousness towards loyalty of your wife. This is an early sign of obsessive compulsive disorderOCD.
  • I will suggest you visit a nearby psychiatrist for medication like Fluoxetine and counseling for early recovery.
  • This problem is curable, and you will recover in a couple of weeks after treatment.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|