Q. My skin appears pale after a surgery. What should I do to improve that?

Dr. Arvind Guru
Published on Aug 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

Three years ago, I underwent a foot surgery and lost a lot of blood. I still do not have enough blood and have pale skin. Previously, my skin appeared very fresh. I am taking supplements for calcium and iron deficiencies. Also, I have heavy menstruation. What should I do to make my skin fresh again?

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology Surgical Oncology
#

Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.

• I think it would be best if you can upload your blood investigation reports so that proper measures can be advised for your anemia and calcium deficiency. Also, mention if you are taking any medications.
  • Heavy menstruation is a common cause of anemia in your subcontinent. So, I suggest you visit a local gynecologist for that complaint.
  • Regarding your skin, I am not sure what you are trying to say by 'skin was fresh and now it is not'. I think it is also a sign of anemia and malnutrition. So, it would be best for you to consult your physician or follow up with your blood reports to me.

Revert with more information to a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

I have irregular heavy bleeding. Is something wrong with my uterus?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I had my normal period last week and it lasted for 7 days. Then three days after this it started again and was really heavy.This happens almost every month. Is something wrong with my uterus?  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be so many reasons for irregular heavy bleeding. It can be a part of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding which has to be found out. You need to get routine blood investigations including thyroid profile and a basic pelvic scan done. Also take regular iron to correc...  Read Full

Does low Hb count cause paleness of nails and tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have little spots here and there along with white discharge. I had PCOD problem previously. I took a scan last month and the report was normal. I feel like my Hb count is low. I am feeling very tired and sleepy. Are these spots because of the low Hb count? Prescribe some ways to impr...  Read Full >>

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. Your scan report was normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Different types of infections may cause itching or an abnormal discharge. These include: Infections that spread during sexual contact. These include chlamydia, gono...  Read Full

Nutritional Management Of Underweight Kids

Article Overview: Do you have a kid who is a fussy eater or hates eating food and is severely underweight? If so, your child can actually suffer from many nutrient deficiencies leading to weak bones and impaired physical development as well as mental development. At this point of time, it becomes very necessary to feed your child energy-dense foods necessary for the overall development of your child so that your child does not suffer from iron deficiency anemia or bone problems in the future. Giving your child energy-dense foods does not mean that you can give your child foods rich in sugar and bad fats like burgers and pizzas, but do provide your child with essential fats instead. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are certain ways in which you can nutritionally manage underweight kids. Having a Healthy and Balanced Diet Just because your child is underweight, it does not mean that you give him junk food as junk food does not contain nutrients as compared to a healthy and a balanced diet. Rather th...  Read Article

Ask a General Surgeon Now