Q. What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Iron Defeciency Anemia or Iron Supplement? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consulted another doctor and he advised for a blood test. The result came back as hemoglobin 10.5 and serum uric acid 5.98. I have attached the medical prescription given by then for 20 days. He also told to avoid pillows. My wife started avoiding milk, milk products, meat, pulses etc. She is feeling fine now. After 20 days when she went for consultation some new doctor was there. He told that the uric acid is in range and no need to continue these medicines. Now again pain is there. Please tell us what test we need to do now to find the problem. Please tell the medicines which would be helpful in this case. Thanks in advance.