Q. Will eating bricks affect uterus?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

I am a 26 year old female. Will eating bricks affect uterus? I do not have any side effects other than early periods. In the last two cycles my periods were five days earlier. Please explain.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• People eat chalk piece or brick or sand due to the craving on it. This is due to anemia.
  • Your hemoglobin (Hb) should be estimated and iron therapy should be given.
  • Eating bricks never harm you and never affect the uterus system. But, it may lead to infection and diarrhea. If the brick contains metals from the soil for example - aluminium, silica, etc., that lead to metal toxicity.
  • The altered periods are due to the iron deficiency and not because of brick eating. You can take Punarnavadi mandur tablet two tablets in the morning and two in the evening, which is around 6 Am and 6 PM to improve hemoglobin.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »

I am anemic even after taking iron supplements. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of anemia. I have been taking iron supplements prescribed by my doctor for the past few months. After a while, I had an appointment, and my doctor said that I am still very anemic. A few years ago, I had an eating problem. I was overeating, but I did not gain weight. Is t...  Read Full »

I had intercourse for less than a minute. Should I test for HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a one-minute unprotected sex but just after one minute, I took my penis out of the vagina and I myself masturbated. Should I go for HIV testing?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now