Q. What makes you feel like your heart is racing?

Dr. Radha. P. H

I feel irritated, and my whole body is aching. When I tried falling asleep two days ago, I felt like my heart was racing. And since the next day, my heart has been beating fast for the whole day. I also have anxiety problems. I had the same issue last night. Though I suspect anxiety is now playing a significant part, I wanted to know why this issue is suddenly.

Kindly help.

#

You may be having a fever. When you have a fever, your heart beats faster, and the heart will feel as if racing. So, kindly check your temperature. You may be having some viral infections. To rule out COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease-2019), kindly do an RT-PCR test (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction).

If everything is normal, then kindly do an ECG (electrocardiogram) when you are feeling fast heartbeats to find if you are having any tachycardia or any other cardiac problem.

Anxiety also produces faster heartbeats.

Take care.

|