Q. Are my pregnancy issues related to my late periods, or do I have a fertility problem?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

I am 34-years-old female, and I am trying to get pregnant. I was pregnant previously, but it was terminated at six weeks. I am trying to get pregnant for the past four months but have failed every time. I did not get periods for the last month and had periods on the first week of this month. It lasted for four days. I have gained weight in the past few months. Does my late period have anything to do with hormones, or is there something wrong with my fertility?

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern, and I will surely help you.

I request you to kindly share more details of your termination so that I can help you better.

There is nothing wrong with your fertility as you have conceived once already. It is about healthily carrying a pregnancy. Also, pregnancy is dependent on multiple factors, including male partner. Late periods have got a relation with pregnancy and hormonal changes. Kindly tell me how much weight you have gained and the number of months in which weight increased.

In the meantime, I suggest you take folic acid, multivitamins, and follow an active lifestyle and eat healthily. It would help if you considered reducing your weight. Also, have regular intercourse around ovulation days.

Do not worry; you will be pregnant soon.

God bless.

|