Q. Can Iron tablets cause irregular periods?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

I am having irregular periods. My cycle is usually on the 10th of every month, but I had heavy spotting on the 19th of last month. Then, I had my normal periods on the 10th of this month. But, I had my periods today, which is 10 days earlier than the normal cycle. During mid of last month, I had some Iron tablets for around three to four days. Please help me with this irregular period issue. Thank you

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• If you are having irregular periods for the first time, then no need to worry. Just wait for the next cycle.
  • If it still persists, then you need to take pills for that. Try to avoid stressful conditions.
  • I suggest you take healthy food with more fruits. Add dates, apples, Manuka honey, jaggery and spinach more in the diet. These contain more iron.
  • You can take tablet M2 tone twice daily for a month. It helps in regularizing menstrual cycle.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »