Q. Trying to conceive. For what purpose is Dronis given?

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I got married 15 months back. From then I am trying to conceive. I am having irregular periods only after marriage. For the past two months, my period occurred in a gap of 45 days. When I consulted my doctor, I got to know it as PCOS. I am using B-long tablet in the morning, afternoon APCOD sachets and evening I am having Dronis-30 from second day of my cycle. I did thyroid and pelvis test. Both the reports were normal and Hb was 10.5. Can you please tell me for what purpose these tablets are used? And what is the problem with my body? I observe tender breasts after 10 days of period completion. Please help.

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I understand your concern.

As you told you are having irregular periods and you have been taking treatment for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), it is good.

For getting pregnant there are some treatment methods available, you have to take something for ovulation induction that is egg formation.

• You have your ovarian structure disturbed that is why your cycle is irregular.
  • You have to take Dronis-30 (combination of Ethinyl estradiol and Drospirenone) for periods regularization, but this is a contraceptive too. Hence, this needs to be stopped.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

How many days will it take to get regular period if I use Dronis? Thank you.

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You have to take Dronis for 21 days then 7 days off. It has to be taken for 6 months.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Here are my documents. Should I use Dronis-30 for 21 days and APCOD sachets for 30 days? Why B-long was given? And how many days should I use B-long?

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have seen your prescription and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are fine.

• You should take tablet Dronis-30 for 21 days along with APCOD sachet (Myo-inositol) and B-long (Pyridoxine (vitamin B6), which are also the medicines for infertility.
  • You can take B-long for one month. But, according to me you have to stop Dronis-30 as it is a birth control pill.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Thank you so much doctor,

My last period was 49 days back. Six days back, I found brown colored spotting. Four days back, I had light flow of period without any severe cramps. From yesterday night there is no blood flow. Can you please suggest which food should I take to get my health normal and get pregnant? Please guide.

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As per your history, it appears that you had cycle which was 13 days delayed. But, as you told you were on Dronis for last cycle too, you do not worry. This might be the normal cycle.

As you asked about diet you should take balanced diet which should include lots of fruit and green vegetable, source of antioxidant.

You need to stop Dronis-30 and start Folic acid 5 mg once a day.

For further clarifications consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My doctor suggested me to continue APCOD sachets and stop Dronis and B-long. She advised to continue B-long if I have breast pain. Every time, my breast pain starts after the 12th day and stops on the day before or after the cycle starts. I am grateful for your advise. Can you please guide?

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is fine to stop Dronis and continue all the other medicine.

• For conception, take tablet Clofert (Clomifene citrate) from day 3 to day 7 of your cycle.
  • Do timed intercourse between 10 to 20 days of cycle.
  • Be calm and continue taking the diet rich in fruits and vegetables.

|