Q. Is the Trust pill that I took four months ago the reason for my irregular cycle?

Dr. Radha P H

My query is regarding my menstruation cycle length. I have a mobile application to track my menstruation, and it says that my previous cycle length is abnormal since it lasted for 38 days. My cycle length variation is 30 to 51 days. I am concerned about my uterus and also about getting pregnant. Also, to add information, I had taken a Trust pill as a contraceptive four months ago. I took it as soon as possible after having unprotected intercourse and another three pills after 12 hours of intercourse.

#

Many girls have irregular cycles, which cannot be considered abnormal. Even with irregular cycles, they get normal pregnancy. But some do have some hormonal problems which delay pregnancy. Do not worry; it can be treated and corrected.

I suggest you do CBC (complete blood count), RBS (random blood sugar), TFT (thyroid function tests), ESR, HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin), prolactin, and ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis.

Psychological tension and lack of exercise also cause irregular cycles.

Take care.

|