Q. Will tablet Ovacet regularize the periods and ovulation?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jan 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

Hello doctor,

I have PCOS and have done D and C recently. I have been prescribed Ovacet tablet for 30 days. Will the tablet regularize the periods and ovulation? Are there more chances for me to conceive because of D and C and the prescribed tablet? Please give your expert advice regarding the same.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If your periods are irregular, then tablet Ovacet (combination of L-Methylfolate, Myo-Inositol, and Vitamin D3) alone is less likely to induce ovulation.

However, the tablet will help in normalizing metabolism and decrease the resistance to ovulation induction medicine.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My height is 5'2'', and weight is 70 kg with PCOS. I missed my periods for four months and at last got it last month. I am waiting for this month period. Can you please prescribe any medicine that would make my period and ovulation regular? I am trying to conceive for a year now with no luck.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

With such a long gap between the periods, your hormone levels are likely to be altered. This needs to be corrected by a cycle or two of oral contraceptive pills. You will not be able to conceive during these two months.

After normalizing the hormones, you need to confirm the same by doing one blood LH (luteinizing hormone) level on day two or three of the period, which will come after finishing the second cycle of pills.

You can go for ovulation induction with medicines. You will need to consult a gynaecologist or an infertility specialist for prescription of ovulation induction medicine.

For all the above, you need to wait for the period in the present cycle.

Sometimes, occasional ovulation can result in pregnancy. So you need to get a urine pregnancy test, as pregnancy is always a possibility with delayed period.

Can ovarian stimulation for IVF be started on the fifth day of menstruation?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if the ovarian stimulation for IVF can be started on the fifth day of the menstruation or is it too late? My doctor said I should start the medication for ovarian stimulation on the fifth day of the menstruation because of her schedule but normally I used to start...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely start the ovulation induction within the first five days of periods. The principle behind this is that the FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) starts to rise from the second day of the period and by the fifth day, the follicles to be recruited th...  Read Full

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full