Q. I am unable to poop regularly. Please suggest an effective solution.

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Good Day!

I want to consult my stomach since I don't pooped regularly and needed to drink laxative tea to poop. It started in the beginning of this year. I noticed that I haven't poop in so many days (7 days to be precise), and my mom bought me a laxative tea which until now I'm still drinking the tea before going to bed. I don't know what to do, everytime when I drink tea, I feel very nauseous and even got a sore throat because it didn't taste really good.

I want to consult this because every time after I pooped, I'm so drained and feels like I haven't got rest for many days. I always feel bloated and having a cramps in my lower bowel every morning. I haven't go to a doctor yet regarding to this since I can't go out because of pandemic. Can anyone help or suggest what to do? Thank you so much!

#

Hello

welcome to icliniq!

hope you're feeling better! Your history and signs and symptoms suggests you have irritable bowel syndrome with predominant constipation type( IBS-C), although I need to take more detailed history before establishing diagnosis.

It occurs due to some stress either emotional or of studies. Also your blood report suggests low hemoglobin with low MCV, both suggests microcytic anemia which supports my diagnosis of IBS. Or it simply may be due to low fiber intake in food.

Follow the instructions and if you feel better then we are on right track else you need to give further details of your signs and symptoms. You dont need to be worried for that since we can control it with dietary modification and by exercising.

Low fiber intake/ stress

none

IBS/ Constipation

IBS-C

1. Isabghol husk 2 tsf per oral once daily in one cup of water
2. Movicol sachet 1 sachet per oral twice daily ( as needed for constipation, stop it once constipation relieves)
3. Syp: Duphalac 30ml per oral twice daily ( can increase it upto 4 -6 times daily) as needed for constipation

1. Avoid diet rich in lactose such as milk, yoghurt, cheese( avoid FODMAPS)
2. Drink plenty of water 10-12 glasses of water
3. Take 30 minutes brisk walk daily

as needed

| 

Lifestyle Modifications in Hypertensive Patients

Article Overview: You can reduce the ill effects of hypertension like heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease by making changes to your lifestyle. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Hypertension is defined as any of the following: Systolic pressure or upper value of blood pressure more than 140 mmHg. Diastolic pressure or lower value of blood pressure more than 90 mmHg. There is no substitute to drugs/medications to keep blood pressure levels under control in a hyper...  Read Article

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »

Are migrating motor complex and fasting with IBS related?

Query: Hello doctor, Will fasting help with irritable bowel syndrome? Why fasting may help IBS? Why fasting may not help IBS? What is migrating motor complex, and how is it related to fasting with IBS?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»