Q. What can prolonged constipation result in?

Dr. Sushilabaii Ranjit Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 25 year old male weighing 66.7 kg and my height is 5'6". From childhood I have constipation and piles problem. But from last 3 years I am suffering from constipation along with mucus. My stomach is not being cleared completely in the early morning. Always sticky mucus in stool but never have diarrhea. I always have left side lower abdomen pain and keep having downward pressure to urinate but there is no proper urine flow while urinating. I also have frequent urination problem, even by just having a glass of water leaves me urinating 2- 3 times within an hour. I have checked for sugar level, but reports are fine and I am not diabetic. Along with all these have gas trouble too. Now I am feeling very weak and losing a lot of weight. 3 years back I was 85 kg but now reduced to 66.7 kg. Currently I am taking Liv.52 two tablets twice daily before food, Avipattikar churna 1 spoon twice before food and Triphala water after food only at night. My test reports tells mild antral gastritis, IBS, fatty liver, erosion in rectum, malrotated left kidney but is functioning properly. Mucus gets accumulated in the anus. I am attaching all my reports for your reference. Please help me with the course of medicine. Thank you.

#

I have read your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and complaints.

• All your symptoms are of IBS that is in ayurveda and it is called as grahani where in the function of digestion has reduced.
  • Erosions in rectum or in any part of stomach or intestine are because of increased pitta dosha vitiation (excessive acid formation) as per Ayurveda.
  • Weight has been reduced because of poor digestion since body is not getting proper nutrition.
  • Undigested food leads to more fermentation and it is called ama. Because of ama motion come with mucus and abdominal pain with alternating constipation and loose motion.

Irregular diet, shift work, stress and fast food.

1. Colonoscopy.
2. Ultrasonogram scan of abdomen.

1. IBS.
2. Crohn's disease.
3. Amebiasis.

IBS (grahani).

1. Digestive enzymes.
2. Deepan pachan medicines.
3. Diet restrictions.

1. Avoid fermented foods and take your food on time.
2. Avoid spicy junk foods and painkillers frequently.
3. Have at least 6-7 hours of proper sleep.

Revert back after 15 days with the investigation report to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Please advise ayurvedic medicine for my disease. Thank you.

#

• You can try few home remedies.
  1. Take Ajmoda (celery) 10 g, jeera (cumin) 20 g, Saindhav 5 g and saunf (fennel seeds) 30 g. Prepare a powder of all these ingredients and take 1 teaspoon of it with rice water. 
  2. Take 1 cup of rice water twice a day.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|