Q. I am worried about slight itchiness on penis. Please advise.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

I am feeling slightly itchy on penis. I am worried because I have once had unprotected sex. I am fine from a long time, and the itching is very mild but my mind goes there again and again.

#

• Is there any active skin lesion?
  • Is it associated with discharge?
  • Do you have itching/burning sensation anywhere else on the body?

Kindly send image for better understanding.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Although itching is above on the skin and seems more dry, I am sending you a picture. Nowhere else in the body any itching is there. I am attaching a picture.

#

I have reviewed the clinical photographs attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like balanitis.

Small skin-colored lesions (outgrowth) is nothing but Fordyce spots which are basically prominent sebaceous glands. So, no treatment is required for same.

For itching, consider application of:

1. DK gel (Miconazole 2 %) twice daily over the penile area.
  2. Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid 2 %) twice daily.

Clean area with lukewarm water.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

There are white flakes of skin. Itching is very mild. I hope this is nothing serious. Kindly help.

#

There is nothing to worry about. Just apply the two creams suggested above twice a day.

|