Q. I have a constant itching sensation in the penis. Please help me.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I am a 39 year old male. I weigh 89.7 kg. I have a constant itching sensation in the penis. Also, there is dirt around the foreskin. Even though I clean it frequently with fresh water, it is back in two to three hours. The tip of my penis is also redder than usual.

#

• Your symptoms indicate a fungal infection. Send me a picture of your condition for a more accurate treatment.
  • Have you got yourself tested for diabetes?
  • I suggest you take the following medications for at least three weeks:
  1. Tablet Fluka (Fluconazole) 150 mg every alternate day.
  2. Apply Candid cream twice a day.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have not got myself checked for diabetes. I am attaching a photo. Please suggest accordingly.

#

• It does like a fungal infection. Continue the above treatment for three weeks.
  • Also, do not apply Dettol or soap in that area.

Review after three weeks.

Revert after three weeks to an internal medicine physician online.-->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|