Q. I have severe itching inside my penis. While urinating it becomes more severe.

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am 30 years old male. For the last 1 week, I am having severe itching inside my penis head and bottom side. And while urinating it becomes very severe. When I wash it with hot water and soap, I could not take my hand out of my penis as the itching is heavy, so I had to massage my penis head a lot to control that. After using fourderm ointment outside the itching area, it is little bit in control. But the itching everytime starts again after I urinate. I do not see any visible difference outside the penis that is causing this itching and I do not see any discharge also. I had sex with a friend 2 weeks ago and used condoms. After 2 years I used condoms this time. I am not sure whether this is caused by any infection due to the condom or any other infections such as STD from my partner. I do not know whom should I consult for this issue, an Urologist or a Sexologist? Kindly help me get rid of this itching.

#

First of all get one urine routine test and Fasting Blood Sugar test done. Your problem could be either a fungal infection or a reaction to the condom.

I advise you to take consultation with a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|