Itching Near Scrotum

Why do I have an itchy lump on my scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I have lumps or cysts on the scrotum for a year of around 8-9 in number. They are of different size. There is no pain but I feel too much itching on the skin of scrotum. When I touch them they feel little hard. By seeing the photos which I have attached here for your reference please tell...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached. You are suffering from scrotum steatocystoma multiplex. It is a type of sebaceous cyst. They are benign; do not have any chance of malignancy. So, if they are bothering you...  Read Full »

How to get rid of jock itch overnight?

Query: Hello doctor, I was infected with a fungal infection (jock itch) when I was 14 years old, and I am 36 years old now. I tried all kinds of fungal creams, but it relieves only temporarily. And recently, I had another episode with severe itching. The skin of my scrotum is getting scaly. I have lost h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send few good quality photographs taken under natural light. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What is folliculitis of scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I am having pimples on the surface of the scrotum since last 7 years. Sometimes there is itching and irritation. My father also have the same problem, but still not taken any treatment. A sample picture is attached here with this query for your reference. Could...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and symptoms my diagnosis is folliculitis of scrotum which is nothing but infection of the hair follicle.First we should rule out whether you are a diabetic or not. For that get a blood sugar test don...  Read Full »

What causes scrotum redness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having a burning sensation and redness in my scrotum. I consulted two doctors from the same hospital. The doctor diagnosed it as scrotal dermatitis. The first doctor prescribed the following: Motimesh cream (to be applied at night) for 10 days, Abzorb Dus...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be red scrotum syndrome. It is a chronic disease characterized by redness and burning on the scrotum. If I was your treating doctor, I...  Read Full »

Why is my scrotum leathery and itchy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I had severe itching on my scrotum for the last one month or so. This issue first began before three years and has been on and off since then. I have tried several combinations of medicines, including Itraconazole, Terbinafine, Levocetirizine, etc., but only wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have just explained about your problem of severe itching in the scrotum. Do you have lesion or rashes or swelling of the skin or just itching? The treatment you are taking is for fungal. As you said you have itching on scrotum, fungal mainly involves groin area and...  Read Full »

Can I use Teczine for itching and redness in the groin area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have severe itching and redness in the groin area. I have used over-the-counter creams, besides, I have also used some home remedies over the affected area. The skin is flaky. Please suggest a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I have noted your concern. Perhaps you might have a fungal infection. I request you to kindly upload an image so that I will be able to guide you better. Regards. Revert with an image to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq...  Read Full »

How can scrotal eczema be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I found a red dry skin on my scrotum today. What is is? Is it dangerous? How can I treat it? I am still a virgin. I have attached the pictures of the dry skin.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like scrotal dermatitis. Try doing the following. If it is itching, I suggest you take tablet Teczine (Levocetirizine hydrochloride) 10 mg, once in the night for a month. Also, mix equa...  Read Full »

My scrotum is itching and there is pimple-like stuff that is bleeding. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29-year-old male. I recently realized that my scrotum is itching and there is pimple-like stuff that is bleeding a little. There are reddish black spots on my scrotum, but it is not the area that bleeds. The area that bleeds looks like a ring-cut.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The black, reddish papules may be angiokeratoma which bleeds when you scratch that, but that is not the cause of itching as such. I am prescribing you medications for itching and ring-shaped erosions. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss t...  Read Full »

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full »

Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots. Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion. Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly a...  Read Full »