Q. I am suffering from itching all over my body. Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2019

I am suffering from itching all over the body wherever there is hair in the body like in private parts hands, leg, thighs, stomach, back and in scalp and hair quickly falls out when I scratch wherever it itches, and skin flakes fall like rain when I comb my hair. Suffering from 12 years from this problem. Allopathy is not helping much.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Sweat glands help to regulate body temperature and moisturize skip. At hairs areas, due to sweat, there is a possibility to develop a fungal or bacterial infection. So keep clean and dry that areas and apply Mahamarichyadi oil to affected areas and during bath you should use Tetmosol soap (Sulfiram). At scalp apply Kerala Neelibhringadi oil at hairs root and do gentle massage with a fingertip for 10 minutes daily at night and wash it with shikakai powder in the morning.

Thyroid profile, lipid profile, DHT (Dihydrotestosterone).

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods. Quit smoking and drinking if you have these habits.

Do these things and provide your valuable feedback after fifteen days.

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full >>

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a chronic fever, which is called as pyrexia of unknown origin when we are unable to ascertain a cause. As your blood tests and x-ray are normal, lung infection is ruled out. Conditions causing chronic fever are numerous. Also, certain infections like tuber...  Read Full

How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an IV treatment for fever.  I took four doses of Monocef 1 gm. My fever is gone, and I am feeling better. I still have a sore throat, and there is a lot of mucus generated. The mucus is transparent. How do I confirm that I have got a viral or bacterial infection? Since my fe...  Read Full >>

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The only way to differentiate between viral and bacterial infection is to take a sample of the mucus generated and to culture it in order to identify the causative organism. Your doctor must have anticipated that your infection as bacterial as you responded well to antibi...  Read Full

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full >>

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now