Q. I have itching in my under legs. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Shyam Kalyan N and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Itching or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

MBBS (MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE)., DLO., CERTIFICATE IN ALLERGIC RHINITIS MANAGEMENT., DNB
Allergy Specialist, Otolaryngology (E.N.T

You seem to be having a fungal infection of the area. I have seen both the photos you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you were to come to me for a consult, I would give you the following advice.

1. Sertaconazole (Onabet) ointment for local application over the said area twice daily after thoroughly washing the area with mild soap.
  2. Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet once now and next tablet one week later.
  3. After applying the cream, do not expose the area to sunlight and try not to sweat much.
  4. Avoid tight-fitting clothes.
  5. Desist from sexual activity till you get better.
  6. Eat a healthy diet rich in all vitamins and minerals.
  7. Wear cotton clothes.
  8. Whenever possible, keep the area open and ventilated.
  9. If you sweat a lot, then wash with plain water and dry the area with a cloth.
  10. Use different clothes for wiping the said area and rest of the body. Use separate soaps also.

Do revert back for more details. Do send me a picture with the next query so that I can assess how much of an improvement you have had.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full »

I have itching on my foreskin. Will it recur frequently?
Query: Hello doctor,I have itching on my foreskin. I observed creamy deposit behind the foreskin reappearing every day despite washing my penis by pulling foreskin. I feel very itchy on the penis when I pull back the foreskin for washing. Now I am using Cetaphil. This problem has occurred three times in la...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. From your history, it can be candidal balanitis. Do you have history of unprotected sexual intercourse? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intense itching as you describe mostly indicates a fungal infection. It is possible that you might be working in a hot environment or maybe sweating too much there along with wearing tight clothes. That prevents aeration of the area and promotes fungal growth. Try using...  Read Full »

Streakiness seen in X-ray of lower lung. Could this be IPF?
How can I manage headache and depression caused due to abuse?
Meprate 10 MG Tablet - Uses, Side Effects, Substitutes, Compositions, Dosage

Also Read Answers From