Q. What can be the cure for itching in my private parts?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having problems with itching between buttocks on the backsides. The itching is sometimes below the testicles and around that area. I have many creams like Ring Guard, Itch Gaurd, Sapat lotion, etc. All this gave relief. But, after some weeks I feel itching again below and I have got rashes. The itching is mostly in the evening and night, usually midnight. If I go outside and I start sweating then I feel the itching. I tried many itching creams but none have helped. I have been having this for the last four or five years. I have attached photos of the itching areas. How can I cure this itching problem?

#

I have gone through your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• This is a fungal infection. I suggest you stop all the creams that you have been applying.
  • For topical use, I suggest you apply Onabet Lotion (Sertaconazole) 2% once daily and Lulizol Cream (Luliconazole) 1% once daily both for a month.
  • I would like to suggest oral medications because only topical medications would not help. For that, I would like to know if you are allergic to any oral medications? Are you diabetic? Does anyone in your family have similar complaints?
  • I suggest you wash your clothes separately in hot water and iron them before using.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am not diabetic. But, my father is. None of the members of my family have this problem. They had itching issue in the past. But, it was all just for a short period. They do not have any itching issues at present. I would like to share one incident where I met a person living in my society who was having several itching issues. I met him multiple times a week maybe four to five times. Before that incident, I have never been in touch with him. I am wondering I would have got this itching infection from him.

#

• Sharing of clothes can lead to fungal infection. Sweating, hot and humid conditions can also lead to the same.
  • Consider oral medications. I suggest you take capsule Syntran (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily for two weeks after meals and apply the topical medications as advised earlier. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • Follow up in two weeks so that medications can be tapered.

|