HomeAnswersDermatologyitchy blistersI have had water-filled blisters on my hands and toes that were itchy. But now they turned into bloody skin. What can be done?

What is the treatment for fluid-filled blisters on hands and feet?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 7, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 7, 2023

Patient's Query

I have got water blisters on my hands and toes and they itch so bad that I have to scratch them and now it has turned into raw bloody skin. Kindly suggest.

Answered by Dr. Suvash Sahu

I have read your query, understand your concern, and examined your video (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). With your descriptions, it seems you have cheiro-do pompholyx. Pompholyx generally causes itching of the hands and feet. Usually, hands and feet come in contact with external objects like pollen, dust, detergent, etc. on a day-to-day basis. The substances that aggravate this condition are pollen, chemicals in detergents, paints, solvents, and rubber materials. When you have an allergy, it is advisable that you stay away from the allergens. There are chances of blisters being infected if you puncture them so do not puncture them. To control itching, I would suggest you start taking tablet Cetirizine and topical steroids like 0.1% Mometasone (Hexylene glycol and Stearyl alcohol) twice daily for one week. Please consult a dermatologist before starting treatment.

I hope you find this helpful.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy