Q. What is the treatment for itchy bump and rash on buttock?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

A red rash with white tiny bumpy spot has grown on my buttock. It is very itchy. I guess it is a fungal infection. Please help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Frankly speaking many things look like fungal infection even when they are not.
  • So, it is better you send me photographs and details of your age, duration of problem, etc., to suggest the treatment.
  • Till then do not self-medicate; it does more harm than good. Take care.

Revert back with the asked details and pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Kindly find my details. I am 26 years old. Itching has decreased and there is no pain now. But, the white spots have increased over the affected region and there is no burning sensation associated with it. Kindly help.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

#

• Start applying T-Bact cream (Mupirocin ointment) twice a day over the area.
  • Take one tablet of Azee (Azithromycin) 500 mg daily for three days. Consult your doctor, discuss with him/her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Does masturbating without lubricant result in a bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV ...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking levofloxacin and azithromycin tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I weigh 46 kg. Over the last seven months, I am suffering from fever along with chest and back pain. I also have body ache and little blocked nose but not runny nose. The mucus keeps coming out from my mouth. I have headache and I feel very tired. My stool is ...  Read Full »

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »