Q. My eyes are itchy and I have a history of psoriasis and dust allergy. Kindly help.

Dr. Arnab Pal

My current problem is my eyes are getting too itchy intermittently, like four to five times which lasts for 30-40 minutes. While mild itchiness remains in one eye for most of the time. My right eyelid also seems drooling and has mild swelling beneath the eye.

I work in a software company so my average screen time is minimum of 12 hours. I have an existing condition of psoriasis and allergy. Dust allergy causes severe sneezing and too prone to catch cold. I am on no medication. I wash my eyes in case of too itchy.

#

Since you do have allergic problems including psoriasis, it is very likely for you to be suffering from allergic eye disease. Also, from your complaints, it seems you are having problems in the oil glands in your eyelids for which you are having stye like swelling in the right eye.

My treatment plan is

1) Mild lid massage in both eyelids of both eyes twice daily for five minutes for one month

2) Warm compress at swelling of the right eye twice daily for two weeks.

3) Eye ointment Chlorocol H apply in both eyes only at bedtime for three weeks.

4) Eyedrop Winolap (Olapatadine) 1 drop two times a day for one month.

5) Eyedrop Refresh Liquigel 1 drop four times per day for two months.

Regarding your dry eyes due to considerable screen time, make sure you look away from the screen every 20 minutes and consciously blink for 20 seconds. You can also put Refresh Liquigel eyedrop one drop every one hour while you are working in front of the computer.

Thank you for your kind help.

#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

|